Following my visit to the stunning region of Calvia in Majorca this month, please see below five reasons to go to Calvia in the winter months.
- Location – under 2 hours flight and very short transfer to hotel times – the coast is just ten minutes away and the main resorts can be reached in just fifteen minutes
- Over 50s appeal – brilliant for large groups of older people who want to relax in a large resort style hotel and take day trips from their base (there are free day trips throughout the winter from the main resorts).
- Cycling – the weather and landscape is perfect for cycling. It ranges between 14-20 degrees and there are numerous great cycling routes for all levels, including the mind-blowing Tramuntana mountains. Many hotels rent out high quality bikes and escort groups of cyclists.
- Golf – numerous golf course options within minutes of each other. Great for group trips staying in a resort hotel.
- It’s not all about Magluf! Magaluf strip is a visitor attraction like the Tramuntana mountains are. The bars form a small area and the beach directly in front is beautiful with high end, luxury properties (see first image) – don’t let it put you off!! In addition, if you want somewhere more low key, just five miles up the road there are sweet little coves with small bars and crystal blue waters.
I would go there on holiday!